Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM- SYM) Yojana 2021 : પ્રધાનમંત્રી શ્રમ યોગી માન-ધન (પીએમ-એસવાયએમ) યોજના
Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan (PM- SYM) Yojana 2021, Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana online registration, pm shram yogi mandhan yojana status, will be rolled out by the Ministry of Labour and Employment 2021. The scheme announced in the Interim Budget was notified by the Ministry recently. As many as 42 crore workers are estimated to be engaged in the unorganized sector of the country.
The unorganised workers mostly engaged as home based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washer men, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, own account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers and similar other occupations whose monthly income is Rs 15,000/ per month or less and belong to the entry age group of 18-40 years are eligible for the scheme. They should not be covered under New Pension Scheme (NPS), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) scheme or Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). Further, he/she should not be an income tax payer. pm shram yogi mandhan yojana eligibility, PMSYM Online Registration.
- Name of Scheme : Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana
- Scheme Benefit : 36000 Rs Pension Yearly
Minimum Assured Pension :
Each subscriber under the PM-SYM, shall receive minimum assured pension of Rs 3000/- per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
Family Pension :
- During the receipt of pension, if the subscriber dies, the spouse of the beneficiary shall be entitled to receive 50% of the pension received by the beneficiary as family pension. Family pension is applicable only to spouse.
- If a beneficiary has given regular contribution and died due to any cause (before age of 60 years), his/her spouse will be entitled to join and continue the scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution or exit the scheme as per provisions of exit and withdrawal.
Contribution by the Subscriber :
The subscriber’s contributions to PM-SYM shall be made through ‘auto-debit’ facility from his/ her savings bank account/ Jan- Dhan account. The subscriber is required to contribute the prescribed contribution amount from the age of joining PM-SYM till the age of 60 years. The chart showing details of entry age specific monthly contribution is as under.
Enrolment Process under PM-SYM :
The subscriber will be required to have a mobile phone, savings bank account and Aadhaar number. The eligible subscriber may visit the nearest CSCs and get enrolled for PM-SYM using Aadhaar number and savings bank account/ Jan-Dhan account number on self-certification basis.
Matching contribution by the Central Government :
PM-SYM is a voluntary and contributory pension scheme on a 50:50 basis where prescribed age-specific contribution shall be made by the beneficiary and the matching contribution by the Central Government as per the chart. For example, if a person enters the scheme at an age of 29 years, he is required to contribute Rs 100/ – per month till the age of 60 years. An equal amount of Rs 100/- will be contributed by the Central Government.
Facilitation Centres :
All the branch offices of LIC, the offices of ESIC/EPFO and all Labour offices of Central and State Governments will facilitate the unorganised workers about the Scheme, its benefits and the procedure to be followed, at their respective centers.
All Labour offices of Central and State Governments are given below, for ease of reference :
- All LIC, EPFO/ESIC and all Labour offices of Central and State Governments may set up a “Facilitation Desk” to facilitate the unorganised workers, guide about the features of the Scheme and direct them to nearest CSC.
- Each desk may consist of at least one staff.
- They will have backdrop, standi at the main gate and sufficient number of brochures printed in Hindi and regional languages to be provided to the unorganised workers.
- Unorganised workers will visit these centres with Aadhaar Card, Savings bank account/ Jandhan account and mobile phone.
- Help desk will have onsite suitable sitting and other necessary facilities for these workers.
- Any other measures intended to facilitate the unorganised workers about the Scheme, in their respective centers.
Fund Management :
PM-SYM will be a Central Sector Scheme administered by the Ministry of Labour and Employment and implemented through Life Insurance Corporation of India and CSCs. LIC will be the Pension Fund Manager and responsible for Pension pay out. The amount collected under PM-SYM pension scheme shall be invested as per the investment pattern specified by Government of India.
Related Post …..
Exit and Withdrawal :
Considering the hardships and erratic nature of employability of these workers, the exit provisions of scheme have been kept flexible. Exit provisions are as under:
- In case subscriber exits the scheme within a period of less than 10 years, the beneficiary’s share of contribution only will be returned to him with savings bank interest rate.
- If subscriber exits after a period of 10 years or more but before superannuation age i.e. 60 years of age, the beneficiary’s share of contribution along with accumulated interest as actually earned by fund or at the savings bank interest rate whichever is higher.
- If a beneficiary has given regular contributions and died due to any cause, his/ her spouse will be entitled to continue the scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution or exit by receiving the beneficiary’s contribution along with accumulated interest as actually earned by fund or at the savings bank interest rate whichever is higher.
- If a beneficiary has given regular contributions and become permanently disabled due to any cause before the superannuation age, i.e. 60 years, and unable to continue to contribute under the scheme, his/ her spouse will be entitled to continue the scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution or exit the scheme by receiving the beneficiary’s contribution with interest as actually earned by fund or at the savings bank interest rate whichever is higher.
- After the death of subscriber as well as his/her spouse, the entire corpus will be credited back to the fund.
- Any other exit provision, as may be decided by the Government on advice of NSSB.
Pension Pay out :
Once the beneficiary joins the scheme at the entry age of 18-40 years, the beneficiary has to contribute till 60 years of age. On attaining the age of 60 years, the subscriber will get the assured monthly pension of Rs.3000/- with benefit of family pension, as the case may be.
Default of Contributions :
If a subscriber has not paid the contribution continuously he/she will be allowed to regularize his contribution by paying entire outstanding dues, along with penalty charges, if any, decided by the Government.